Help Gomeyaction for autism

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm worried

I'm worried, because people belief al sorts of news without even checking the facts.
We've seen what the Wakefield hoax has done with people.
And I wonder how much more nonsense will be praised as it was the truth.

Each day new theories about the cause and cure of autism are launched, and it's like we're in the middle of elections: people chose sides and defend unknown people and researchresults they don't even understand.

It's like people rather hand their autistic child to someone who makes a lot of money with selling fake cures, than to a doctor who carefully tries to understand what autism means and how we can support autistic people.

Oh, ofcourse I want to see everyone cured.
But I also know that we're far from knowing what causes autism.

Research needs to be done in careful small steps, and it costs time.
Too much time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Attention please!

Abilify and Weight gain